Masterton Block Party
The 2nd annual Block Party on Saturday 20 October 2018 celebrates the amazing diversity of talented people at the northern end of Masterton's CBD with this free community event featuring music, art & crafts, food, and much more!
With over 50 shops and businesses taking part, Bruce, Dixon, Park, northern Queen and King Streets come alive with demonstrations, displays, behind the scenes tours and events.
You could make African masks, Maori Hinaki (eel pots), play clay flutes, print Tote bags or learn about Maori medicinal plants. More events to see & do's include:
- Free entry to The Wool Shed & Jubilee Firehouse (plus shearing demonstrations)
- Behind the scenes tours of Aratoi & Don luciano
- Pottery demo by Sam Ludden
- Bouncy Castle, slide & face painting at Trust House Recreation Centre
- Photo display of Ugandan village life by Geoff Walker
- Plus see more events here
The Block Party is a neighbourly team effort by Aratoi Wairarapa Museum of Art and History, with ConArt Gallery & Studios, King Street Artworks, Masterton Art Club, Masterton District Library, Te Pātukituki o Wairarapa and Wairarapa Archive. It is run by the tenants and groups around the block.