Greytown day-trip from Wellington by train
Treat yourself to a day in gorgeous Greytown, just an hour from Wellington. You'll find boutique clothes shops, antiques, art and gourmet food - all on one historic tree-lined street.
Catch the train from Wellington to Woodside Station. A bus will whisk you straight to Greytown's Main Street every day except Sunday, when it's easy to pre-book Rimutaka Shuttles or Martinborough Shuttles. Or stroll or bike into town along the pretty Woodside Trail.
Hit Main Street and start exploring! Only In Greytown will you find:
- Schoc Chocolates - New Zealand's best gourmet chocolate in 80 amazing flavours.
- Cobblestones - a charming historic village right next door to Schoc
- Cycling lifestyle merchants Blackwell and Sons
- The exquisite craftsmanship of Hall designer clothing
- The Designer Clothing Gallery stocks beautiful clothes - check out Trelise Cooper's latest line.
Check out more ideas for a Wairarapa day trip from Wellington.