Masterton day-trip from Wellington by train
Need a break from the city? Masterton has excellent cafes, world-class art and one of the best public parks in the country. Make a day of it - and bring your bikes!
- Take a walk in Queen Elizabeth Park and extend it a bit to include a lap of Henley Lake. Or hire bikes and explore further afield.
- Follow the growth of New Zealand’s shearing and wool industry and the rise to international sports fame for Golden Shears at The Wool Shed
- Drop into Aratoi Museum of Art & History for a look at the latest exhibition.
- Time for a snack? So many excellent Masterton cafes and restaurants.
- Stroll back to the train station for a relaxing trip home!
Check out a Wellington to Masterton train timetable.