August 12th: We are at Alert Level 2.
Alert Level 2 is not life as normal. You can still go to work and school, but you should:
- keep your distance from other people in public
- wash your hands
- sneeze and cough into your elbow
- keep a track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen
- wear a mask if you can
Full details on Alert Level 2 are here.
Official information in full can be found on the following websites:
The Covid-19 - Wairarapa Updates Facebook page is a central point for all information relating to COVID-19 in the Wairarapa. Everything shared is from official sources including Ministry of Health and the dedicated COVID-19 site.
There is a dedicated Wairarapa COVID-19 help line. Please phone this number if you are struggling to get essential items or need additional support.Freephone 0800 239 247.
If your travel palns have been impacted and you need accommodation o0r aiistance with transport please contact the Martinborough or Masterton i-SITE Visitor Centres: we're here to help.
Here are link to useful sites and information:
Important phone numbers:
- 0800REFUGE- Women’s Refuge
- 0508FAMILY- Oranga Tamariki (Reports of concern for children’s safety)
- 0508 744 633- SHINE
- 0800 787 797- Alcohol and drug helpline
- 0800 543 354 or free text 4357- Lifeline
- 0800 376 633 - Youthline
- 0800 111 757 Depression Helpline
- 0508 828 865 Suicide Prevention Helpline
If you are showing any flu-like symptoms, a cough, fever, shortness of breath, sneezing or a runny nose, call your GP (doctor) to arrange a free test. If you do not have a GP call Healthline on 0800 358 5453.