It’s great to win an award and in 2017 Wairarapa scooped not one, but two, awards. We call that a WIN - WIN and we say head 'this way for beautiful'.
These awards recognise and celebrate positive actions taken by communities to protect and enhance their environments. So, while here in the Wairarapa we’re surrounded by natural beauty – rolling country-side, rivers and the towering Tararua Range - the judges noted that the most beautiful thing in these towns were the wonderful communities and the work they’ve done. Locals in these two towns have really engaged with environmental, heritage conservation and beautification projects, creating great communities.
We love that. As locals we know the positive people and activity that’s going on all across the region. Here are just some things we find deeply attractive and hope you will too:
- All the fun your family can have in Masterton. Don’t forget to smell the roses in Queen Elizabeth Park.
- Beautiful trees and Victorian buildings and top shopping in Greytown.
- Good looking (and delicious) food and wine.
- Our Coast with two handsome lighthouses - Cape Palliser and Castlepoint. Defintely beautiful.
- Fensham Reserve and the Waiohine Gorge close to Carterton
- Cycling in sorts of ways and places including the Remutaka Cycle Trail
- Will the weather be beautiful? (it is today)...check it out here