Family Great Escape
WIN a Family Great Escape for 2 adults & 2 children
Enter here to win:
- Two nights at Copthorne Solway Park Masterton
- Family dinner at Lone Star Masterton
- Family dinner at The Farriers Bar & Eatery
- Guided tour of Pūkaha National Wildlife Centre
- Gelatos for the family from Ten O'clock Cookie
- Train ride at Queen Elizabeth Park
- Trust House Recreation Centre Pool family pass
- A movie at the Screening Room with treats
- Family fun pass at Masterbowl
- $100 to spend at Hedley's Bookshop
- $50 Clareville Bakery voucher
Get the family out of the house for an escape full of fun! Play, get outdoors and make some cool new memories together in a Great Wairarapa Escape.
Start your escape by taking the afternoon off work Friday to pick the kids up from school and head to Masterton in the heart of the Wairarapa. Fill the family up with amazing food at Lone Star Masterton and then settle in for the evening at Copthorne Solway Park.
Grab breakfast at the hotel, before heading off to explore Pūkaha National Wildlife Centre on a family tour designed especially with you in mind. Wander through the bush and meet eels, kaka, tuatara, takahē and Manukura the white kiwi. Head back to Masterton to treat yourselves to a double scoop gelato from Ten O'clock Cookie bakery. Don’t forget sharing is caring!
Next stop is Queen Elizabeth Park, an awesome spot for kids in Masterton. Finish the afternoon off at the Trust House Recreation Centre pool before enjoying a dinner at The Farriers Bar & Eatery and a movie and treats at The Screening Room. After a day like that, everyone will be ready for bed back at the Copthorne!
Sunday Funday begins at Masterbowl with a family fun voucher. Try out the bowling, arcade games, bumper cars and more. Wind down after that excitement by choosing something from Hedleys Books awesome collection of kids’ books. It’s time to return home but drop in to the Clareville Bakery for brunch or a pack of Cronuts to finish your Great Wairarapa Escape.
A family trip in the Wairarapa is always one to remember!
Plus there's more fun to add like:
- The Fell Museum, Featherston - houses H199, the only locomotive of its type in the world.
- Palliser Ridge, a working Sheep and Beef Station well-known for their farming initiatives have opened their gates to visitors in a number of fun, hands-on tours.
- Aratoi Museum of Art & History, Masterton – check out the latest exhibitions.
- Just around the corner is The Wool Shed, Masterton - learn about the history of wool and sheep shearing in two old woolsheds. Lots of hands-on fun too.
- The Alpaca Place, Masterton - learn about these curious animals on a hands-on tour
- Paua World, Carterton - learn about New Zealand’s world famous paua and do a bit of gift shopping while you’re here.
We have plenty of Fun for Families