Nature Great Escape
WIN a Nature Great Escape for 2
Enter here to win:
- Two nights accommodation at The Martinborough Hotel
- Dinner at Union Square Bistro & Bar
- A Coastal Explorer Tour with Green Jersey Explorer Tours
- Martinborough Brewery drinks and nibbles
- Lunch at Neighbourhood Cafe Martinborough
- Guided tour at Stonehenge Aotearoa
- Coffee and lunch at The Land Girl
Come and explore the rugged beauty of our wide open spaces in the Wairarapa with a Nature Great Wairarapa Escape.
We've got beautiful bush, rugged coastlines and all the glorious nature in between, only an hour away from Wellington. Make your way to Martinbrough for 2 nights boutique accommodation at the Martinborough Hotel. Enjoy a couple of drinks at the Martinborough Brewery then wind up your first evening in the Wairarapa back at the hotel with a night cap in front of the fire.
Next morning fill up with breakfast from the Neighbourhood café before taking off on a Coastal Explorer Tour with Green Jersey Explorer Tours. This amazing tour takes in everything from the amazing landscape of the Putangirua Pinnacles to the Cape Palliser Lighthouse and the largest fur seal colony in the North Island. You get to experience the best of South Wairarapa up close and personal.
By the end of the day you’ve earned yourself dinner at Union Square Bistro & Bar, prepared by a Michelin starred chef.
No rush in the morning. You can enjoy the fresh country air and travel 20 minutes south of Martinborough to The Land Girl, and lunch outside with the farm animals. Then head off for a Guided Tour at Stonehenge Aotearoa a working structure designed and built to explore the sun, moon and stars.
On your way home, stop at the Remutaka summit to look back on the Wairarapa and recall your Great Escape, just an hour away from Wellington.
Have these ideas left you wanting more nature? We have plenty of wide open spaces to explore:
- Walks in the Wairarapa can be anything from a short lakeside stroll to a multi-day tramp along the coast or in the Tararua Ranges.
- Our rugged coastline is ridiculously scenic from the north at Castlepoint right down to Cape Palliser. Come and explore our coast.
- The Wairarapa has quiet country roads, town parks and bike trails for keen cyclists of all ages.
- A must-do is the spectacular Remutaka Cycle Trail. It's a 'Great Ride' on Nga Haerenga, the New Zealand Cycle Trail - which means it's one of the country's best!
- Based on a large sheep and beef farm, Gladstone Horse Treks offers horse trekking to suit all levels.