Need some ideas for entertaining the kids in the School Holidays?
There's lots to see and do with our big open spaces and stunning scenery – explore more in your own backyard!
What's on in the October 2021 school holidays?
- Check out the Cobblestones Country Fair, a family fun day with baby animals, old fashioned games, and old-time crafts. Entry by donation. Sun 10 October 11am - 3pm.
- Experience the stunning Wairarapa night sky with a Star Safari tour at Stonehenge Aoetaroa, followed by stargazing with telescopes, weather permitting. Every Fri & Sat night from 7.30pm-10.30pm.
Check out these fun activities to do with kids and loads more here:
- Explore wildlife at Pukaha National Wildlife Centre
- Run wild at the coast, check out Castlepoint and Cape Palliser
- Queen Elizabeth Park – a fun stop with the kids with lots to do
- Pop into The Woolshed across the road
- Challenge yourself to a paintball experience like no other
- Check out historic Cobblestones Museum in Greytown
- Be star struck with a Star Safari
- Get out into Nature
- Let the kids loose on the Wairarapa coast
- Walk the Outdoors
- Feel like a bike ride?
- Inside fun - if the weather isn’t playing ball
Come to the Wairarapa for a family break away!