Need some ideas for entertaining the kids in the School Holidays?
There's lots to see and do with our big open spaces and stunning scenery – explore more in your own backyard!
Winter Festivals during July
- Check out this handy list of winter events as part of the Carterton Heart of Winter Festival, and the Greytown Festival of Christmas.
- The school holidays also coincide with local Matariki celebrations perfect for kids. Check them all out here.
What's on these school holidays?
- Experience the stunning Wairarapa night sky with a guided Star Safari tour of Stonehenge Aoetaroa at night, followed by stargazing with telescopes, weather permitting. Every Fri & Sat night from 7.30pm-10.30pm.
Check back closer to school holiday time to learn more about:
- Pūkaha Junior Rangers - Experience hands-on learning in Pūkaha's nature reserve each school holidays as children prepare food for the birds, feed the eels, learn about the forest and how Pūkaha protects and restores unique flora and fauna. Learn more
- Aratoi's School Holiday Programme - There are fun and creative activities for kids to do at Aratoi every school holidays.
- Borderlands Paintball - Check them out for challenging school holiday games.
Check out these fun activities to do with kids and loads more here:
- Explore wildlife at Pukaha National Wildlife Centre
- Run wild at the coast, check out Castlepoint and Cape Palliser
- Queen Elizabeth Park – a fun stop with the kids with lots to do
- Pop into The Woolshed across the road
- Challenge yourself to a paintball experience like no other
- Check out historic Cobblestones Museum in Greytown
- Be star struck with a Star Safari
- Get out into Nature
- Let the kids loose on the Wairarapa coast
- Walk the Outdoors
- Feel like a bike ride?
- Inside fun - if the weather isn’t playing ball
Come to the Wairarapa for a family break away!