Need some ideas for entertaining the kids in the School Holidays?
There's lots to see and do with our big open spaces and stunning scenery – explore more in your own backyard!
Pūkaha Junior Rangers - Experience hands-on learning in Pūkaha's nature reserve each school holidays as children prepare food for the birds, feed the eels, learn about the forest and how Pūkaha protects and restores unique flora and fauna. Monday 19 April to Friday 30 April from 11am - 3pm at 11am-3pm.
Aratoi's School Holiday Programme - Pick up a trail and find hidden images among the beautiful clothes and intriguing objects of a new exhibition, then vote for your favourite paintings. There'll also be a table of curiosities in the foyer for you to explore or grab an activity sheet to take away and be inspired to make your own Museum at home. Saturday 17 April – Sunday 2 May 10am – 4pm.
The Henge at Night - Star Safari is a guided tour of the henge at night, followed by stargazing with telescopes, weather permitting. Every Fri & Sat night from 7.30pm-10.30pm.
Check out these fun activities to do with kids and loads more here:
- Explore wildlife at Pukaha National Wildlife Centre
- Queen Elizabeth Park – a fun stop with the kids with lots to do
- Pop into The Woolshed across the road
- Challenge yourself to a paintball experience like no other
- Check out historic Cobblestones Museum in Greytown
- Be star struck with a Star Safari
- Get out into Nature
- Let the kids loose on the Wairarapa coast
- Walk the Outdoors
- Feel like a bike ride?
- Inside fun - if the weather isn’t playing ball
Come to the Wairarapa for a family break away!