Need some ideas for entertaining the kids in the School Holidays? There's lots to see and do with our big open spaces and stunning scenery – explore more in your own backyard! Check back closer to the school holidays for more ideas.
Carterton Events Centre
- The Michael Jackson History Show - a spectacular music tribute and full-scale stage production honouring the one and only King of Pop, Michael Jackson on Sunday February 25. Don't miss out - get your tickets here now!
- The Pantoloons Present: Sherlock Holmes - this pantomime takes the intrigue of mystery and wraps it in a playful, family friendly package on Sunday 21 April at 1pm. Get your tickets here now!
Queen Elizabeth Park
- Try out Masterton's state-of-the art skatepark with all the 'bells and whistles' of a traditional skatepark plus much more, that's fun for all ages!
- Visit Queen Elizabeth Park next door and ride on the historic miniature train, around the lake on a pedal boat, have a round of mini golf, feed the ducks, walk over the swing bridge to the BMX track or visit the deer, walk around Queen Elizabeth Park's beautiful trees, and visit the huge playground with its flying fox.
- Located on a section of hillside at the northern edge of Masterton the Lansdowne Mountain Bike Park is free to use with professionally designed and built tracks ideal for beginners through to experienced riders with tracks of grades 2, 3 and 4.
- Try out the purpose-built and professionally designed Rivenrock Mountain Bike Park for all levels of mountain bikers. Open for the summer season from October - April on Saturday, Sunday & Wednesday evenings. Check their Facebook page for up-to-date hours.
- Run wild at the coast, check out Castlepoint and Cape Palliser
- Pop into The Woolshed across the road from Queen Elizabeth Park
- Learn about farm animals on a guided visit at Martinborough Manor
- Check out historic Cobblestones Museum in Greytown
- Explore wildlife at Pukaha National Wildlife Centre
- Be star struck with a Star Safari
- Get out into nature
- Let the kids loose on the Wairarapa coast
- Walk the outdoors
- Feel like a bike ride?
- Inside fun - if the weather isn’t playing ball
Take a short trip for a big change of scene! Stay for the holidays