Need some ideas for entertaining the kids in the School Holidays?
We are so close you can easily pop over for a weekend or the day. There's lots to see and do with our big open spaces and stunning scenery – explore more in your own backyard!
Pūkaha Junior Rangers - Experience hands-on learning in Pūkaha's nature reserve each school holidays - prepare food for the birds, feed the eels, learn about the forest and how Pūkaha protects and restores unique flora and fauna. Check back closer to the next school holidays for more inforamation.
The Henge at Night - Star Safari is a guided tour of the henge at night, followed by stargazing with telescopes, weather permitting. Every Fri & Sat night from 7.30pm-10.30pm.
Astrophotography Course Stonehenge Aotearoa - How to get started photographing the Moon, planets and deep sky objects like galaxies and star clusters and wide field landscape photograph. Check back closer to the next school holidays for more information.
Check out these fun activities to do with kids and loads more here:
- Explore wildlife at Pukaha National Wildlife Centre
- Queen Elizabeth Park – a fun stop with the kids
- Let the kids loose on the Wairarapa coast
- Walk the outdoors
- Feel like a bike ride?
- Get Star struck with a Star Safari
- Challenge yourself to a paintball experience like no other
- Inside fun - if the weather isn’t playing ball
Come to the Wairarapa for a family break away!