Girls - come on! There's so much to do here, all close together and with lots of choice too. Pack your bags!
Here are some ideas to get you thinking:
- Shop til you drop in gorgeous Greytown - retail therapy is brilliant here at the small distinctive stores. Not a big box mall in sight.
- Is there a flavour at Schoc Chocolates you haven't tried? Then get there immediately! Check out the chocolate shoes for the girl with everything!
- Shopping can be tiring- refuel at the many cafes and restaurants in Greytown
- Come on a tour - it's easy to get here without a car on the Greytown Tour. The delicious lunch is a highlight.
We feel the need to go to Martinborough! You should too:
- Head to the i-SITE along Kitchener Street and grab a wine map.
- Hire a bike and cycle the vines - cellar doors are so close together you'll get to taste and learn more about our wines easily.
- Relax over a long lunch at a vineyard or at one of the other tempting spots around Martinborough.
- Visit Olivo and try their delicious infused olive oils.
- A cleansing ale can hit the spot - head to Martinborough Brewery.
Come on a tour - Martinborough Gourmet Wine Tour brings you from Wellington and means no driving. Spend the day tasting wine on this guided tour around the vineyards of Martinborough. Lunch, cheese, coffee - it's all fabulous.
Just off the top of our heads:
- Stretch your legs on a fully catered coastal farm walk
- Light up your visit with a lighthouse - Cape Palliser or Castlepoint
- Bike the Rimutaka Cycle Trail - it's a great way to get here too
- Explore Aratoi Museum of Art and History and take a guided tour
- Have a beauty treatment
- Nibble some stunning cheese at C'est Cheese
Go on make a real weekend of it - stay for the weekend in a cottages, B&B, lodge, motel or hotel. There's a great selection right across the region to book here.