The 2020 Pūkaha Wairarapa Garden Tour is on 7-8 November. The tour is a major annual fundraiser for Pūkaha National Wildlife Centre, north of Masterton. This year the tour celebates its 10th anniversary. Tickets are on sale now.
• Gardens open from 9.30am-4.30pm each day.
• The tour is self-drive – set your own route: pick and choose your gardens according to what tickles your gardening fancy.
• A ticket provides entry into more than a dozen private gardens: Six of the gardens are new to Pūkaha’s Wairarapa Garden Tour. Several of these have never opened to the public before.
• Plenty to delight and inspire gardeners of all ages.
• The tour goes ahead rain or shine.
• Tickets and info available online.
The 2020 tour will showcase rural native plantings, flourishing edibles, smart designs for urban spaces, flowers galore, sustainable gardens, subtropical delights plus mighty remnant regenerating forests.
Each year the tour alternates between north and south Wairarapa. The 2020 tour showcases gardens in South Wairarapa – taking in the towns of Featherston, Martinborough, Greytown, Carterton and Gladstone.
Delicious refreshments are available. Locally sourced and home-made refreshments will be available in selected gardens to sustain hungry garden tourers.
BYO picnics also also welcome. Plenty to buy: bring cash to buy plants, garden art, and treats for the gardener in your life.
Tickets are also availabe from Masterton and Martinborough Visitor Info Centres and the Carterton Events Centre.