The Pūkaha Wairarapa Garden Tour is a major annual fundraiser for Pūkaha National Wildlife Centre, north of Masterton and takes place each November. Their 2021 event is on 6 & 7 November 2021. Get your tickets now!
Here's all about the Pūkaha Wairarapa Garden Tour:
- Gardens open Saturday and Sunday each day from 9.30am - 4.30pm.
- The tour is self-drive – set your own route: pick and choose your gardens according to what tickles your gardening fancy.
- A ticket provides entry into 13 private gardens, some of which have never been seen before - check them out on their website here.
- The 2021 tour showcases gardens in and around Masterton. The lineup includes contemporary designs for urban and rural spaces, dry loving plantings, an expansive formal rural garden, whimsical perennials, flowers galore in town and country and a 40-year-old garden reclaimed from farm paddocks.
- Delicious refreshments in selected gardens, with plants available to buy.
- The tour goes ahead rain or shine.
Each year the tour alternates between north and south Wairarapa. Unlike bigger garden tours and festivals, the Wairarapa Garden Tour spans a compact area, supports fundraising efforts of other local charities and benefits local conservation outcomes. This year, Opaki School and Hospice Wairarapa will be fundraising on tour by selling delicious home-made refreshments.
Check out The Edible Backyard with Kath Irvine
Learn how Kath feeds her family with spray-free, natural, low impact food as she guides you through her easy to understand book, The Edible Backyard, suitable for all skill levels from beginners to seasoned green thumbs. Sat 6 Nov 5-6pm, The Trade Hall 1, Solway Showgrounds, Masterton. Learn more and get your tickets here.