Enjoy a full-day guided tour from Wellington to the Wairarapa and experience boutique shopping, lunch, wine and cheese while all of your transport is taken care of.
Greytown is a country village with metropolitan style. This shopping gem, just an hour from Wellington, has beautifully restored Victorian wooden buildings that house stylish and interesting specialty stores, boutiques, cafes and restaurants.
This full-day guided tour is available for groups only (minimum 6) and takes you from Wellington on a scenic one hour train journey to the Wairarapa. Meet your guide and discover Greytown village, Martinborough wine village and Featherston. The special tour lunch features local produce and celebrates the Wairarapa’s food producers and wine-makers. It’s fresh, colourful and seasonal and designed to be enjoyed as a group.
- A world famous gourmet chocolate studio – taste extraordinary flavours
- One of a kind hand-painted Italian style ceramics at an artist’s studio
- Beautiful fashion, homeware and must-have items from some of New Zealand’s finest boutique stores
- Wairarapa farm to table produce and hand-crafted local wines at lunch
- Wairarapa wine tasting at a small family-owned vineyard in Martinborough
- New Zealand cheeses
This tour takes you to all three South Wairarapa towns and is perfect for foodies and anyone who loves retail therapy!
Tour includes return transport Wellington - Wairarapa, a local guide, welcome refreshments, two-course lunch (including glass of wine), wine tasting in Martinborough and cheese tasting. Your day tour leaves Wellington Railway Station.
Call now to inquire about this tour which can run at a time that suits your group.