The 2022 Wairarapa Country Music Festival on 28 – 30 January is set to be the biggest yet, with 13 acts over three days and suitable for the whole family. The festival is jam-packed with musical talent, bringing some of New Zealand's finest country artists to the Tauherenikau Racing and Event Centre.
This year the Friday and Saturday evening shows each host a different line-up, also including line-dancing workshops, walk-up singing opportunities and a visit from Cruise Martinborough. New this year, on Thursday 27 January, is an outdoor movie on the big screen.
The 2022 Wairarapa Country Music Festival line-up includes:
- Jackie Bristow, back from Nashville
- Barry Saunders, lead singer of The Warratahs and NZ legend
- Melissa & The Dr, Melissa Partridge was overall winner of the 2021 Gold Guitar Awards as well as the Gospel, new country, female vocal and singer/songwriter section awards
- Dolly and Kenny, take the stage in the one-of-a-kind Dolly Parton Experience
- The Shenanigans, light up the stage with a celtic twist
- Kevin Greaves, combines classic country music with comedic flair
Along with outstanding entertainers, JamesRay; Granddaddy of Country Music, Wayne R. Heath; Cooper's Run; In the Shallows; Paula Story; and our talented up-and-comers, Maddy Bean and Rererangi Twaddell. The entire weekend will be supported by fabulous backing band, Pure Dixie.
It's going to be a stellar weekend and you're invited – so get your tickets here now!
Stay at the Tauherenikau Racecourse in your motorhome or caravan or check into the Racetrack Ranch and stay in a tent that is provided. Check out their packages here.