Wellington On a Plate
Visa Wellington On A Plate is New Zealand's ultimate food festival featuring Wairarapa restaurants, chefs, cafes and vineyards with special menus and events for the entire month of August.
The 2022 programme includes a selection of fabulous local events in the Wairarapa. Check them out here, and book now:
BURGER (available 12-31 August)
- Café Medici - The Salty Cow: Double brisket dry-aged beef patty with pulled beef short rib with slow-roasted sesame tomato, Vagabond Organic rocket and Tora Collective dulse and oyster aioli in a seeded Clareville Bakery brioche bun, with ancho chilli salt fries.
- Circus Restaurant and Cinema - Charles Darwin: Pan-fried John Dory with creamy sweet chilli sauce, garlic prawns, nori seaweed and housegrown watercress, microgreens, pickled cucumber and grated carrot salad in a Clareville Bakery squid ink brioche bun, with Parkvale tempura oyster mushrooms and hand-cut potato crisps.
- Crouching Tiger - Make a Splash: Moana Pacific tarakihi with prawns, pickled daikon, pickled cucumber, ginger, chilli, lime and lemongrass mayonnaise in a soft white bun, with prawn crackers.
- The White Swan Country Hotel - Smoke on the Water: Smoked brisket with Alabama horseradish BBQ sauce, Remutaka Pass Creamery smoked Havarti, dill pickles and onion rings in a Ten O'Clock Cookie potato bun, with fries and smoked ketchup.
- Union Square - Mighty Marty Moose: Pure South venison patty with mānuka smoked cheddar, avocado, aioli and onion pickle in a toasted brioche bun, with fat fries.
COCKTAIL (available 1-31 August)
- The White Swan Country Hotel - Granny Smith's Mulled Cider: Butterfly pea flower-infused Grenada Bay white rum and spiced mulled cider made with Mela Juice granny apple juice. Accompanied by cinnamon and coconut sugar churros.
- Crouching Tiger - Crouching Tiger, Yum Cha, Cocktails: A lunch to remember where street food specialties and yum cha style served until you say stop! 20 August. SOLD OUT.
- Union Square - Game On: A mid-winter game degustation dinner using the best locally sourced wild foods from land and sea. 5 August. SOLD OUT.
Stay the night and do more!
Tick off some Wairarapa Must Do's while your here. You can book your accommodation here or call our i-SITE Visitor Information Centre - they can book for you and help you with any questions.