The Featherston Booktown festival is a wonderful weekend of books, ideas, conversations, workshops, stories, provocation and inspiration enjoyed by all ages. The next Festival is from 5 - 8 May 2022 - learn more here.
What is a Booktown?
Featherston is one of only 22 accredited Booktowns in the world, and the only one in New Zealand. Criteria for international Booktown status include having a certain number of book shops in the local community, (Featherston has seven and counting) and hold a regular book festival.
Here are the book stores in town:
- For the Love of Books
- Featherston Ferret
- Messines Bookshop: Military History
- C'est Cheese for great secondhand cook books
- Loco Coffee and Books www.facebook.com/lococoffeeandbooks/
- The Dickensian Bookshop: www.thedickensianbookshop.com/
- Feather's Den at Sweet
- Chicken and Frog Bookstore