Wairarapa is famous for its wine and rightly so. Our vineyards are at the heart of the Classic New Zealand Wine Trail and produce some of the world’s best pinot noir.
There are vineyards scattered right around the region:
- Martinborough vineyards - more than 20 within biking distance of the village square. Cycling the vines is a fun way to sample the region's best drops.
- Greytown's Alexia Urban Winery is a cellar door right in town
- Gladstone vineyards - dotted around northern Wairarapa on quiet country roads.
- Masterton vineyards - just five minutes north of Wairarapa's biggest town.
Take a vineyard tour with a friendly guide. Choose from a one-hour stroll to a day-trip with transport and gourmet food included. Indulge a little!
- Green Jersey Cycle Tours
- Martinborough Wine Tours
- Martinborough Wine Walks
- Muirlea Rise Vineyard Tour
- Wairarapa Vintage Tours