Things to do close to Carterton
Carterton is a central town for access to the Tararua Ranges and Flatpoint beaches. Apart from mountains and coastal access, just 10 minutes drive from Carterton is Stonehenge Aotearoa and 15 minutes from Carterton is Gladstone.
- Explore Gladstone, just a short drive from Carterton for award winning wineries and great events like the Scarecrow's Big Day Out. Learn more about Gladstone at gladstonenz.com.
- Ten minutes north along State Highway 2 is Masterton, the largest town in the Wairarapa.
- Greytown is 10 minutes down State Highway 2 and is just brilliant for ladies looking to get their shop on! Charming, this little shopping village is a beautiful place to spend some time.
- Ten minutes down the line is Featherston, wartime history buffs are in for a real treat with the Fell Locomotive Museum and rich WWI history.
- Martinborough is only 15 minutes to the south east and the region’s hot spot for beautiful wine and gourmet food, with fine dining, bistros, cafes and plenty of boutique, family run vineyards.