Places to eat in Martinborough
Martinborough offers so many choices for eating - indoors or al fresco. Dine at a vineyard restaurant, or stroll through the village and take your pick of cafes.
Peppers Parehua Martinborough has a hotel-style restaurant with wonderful accommodation on site. Between courses, take a walk through the beautiful grounds.
Wineries with restaurants on site:
- Dine al fresco on the terraces overlooking the vines at Tirohana Estate or inside in the warm elegant restaurant
- Lounge outside on the beanbags in the Wairarapa sun or relax inside and enjoy the tasty selection of food options at Colombo Martinborough
- Terraced setting looking across the grapevines at Margrain Vineyard's cafe
- A stylish venue with a platter-style menu and excellent wine at Poppies Martinborough
- Surrounded by roses and overlooking vines at the courtyard at Coney Wines
- Even if you aren't staying at Peppers Parehua you can still take a seat at Pavillions
- Or delicous dumplings and Asian style bowls and tastes at Luna
- Enjoy a casual lunch among the vines at Moy Hall with the chef’s lunch menu of shared-plates featuring local produce
Lunch or dinner in Martinborough village:
- Classic cuisine with an innovative twist at Cafe Medici
- Get your coffee fix with a locally roasted brew at In the Neighbourhood and try something delicious from their cabinet food
- Boutique cinema, restaurant and bar Circus Cinema is open daily from 3pm. Dine by the open fire or in the sunny courtyard
- Boutique brewery with excellent beer and snack menu Martinborough Brewery
- Enjoy a modern NZ cuisine with a French influence at Union Square
- The locals' pub on the square is The Pukemanu Bar & Eatery
- Try family-friendly Knucklebone Cafe for new food ideas in a bright & modern setting
- Enjoy delicious gourmet platters and small plates at The Wine Bank
The Land Girl is a modern cafe full of character, just a short drive south of Martinborough.
Wondering what else is open? Here's a list of opening hours for Martinborough shops and restaurants.